Thursday, January 28, 2010

Best Romantic Anniversary Present- Good Job Honey!

I was sent this great blog post by a friend and thought I would share it with everyone! We are so lucky to have made that anniversary trip great! (I added some links throughout if you wanted to see some of our pictures that she is talking about)

Pine River Ranch Bed and Breakfast
Leavenworth, Washington, United States


Thursday, January 28, 2010

My husband and I try to go skiing every year at Stevens Pass for our anniversary. Usually, after a long day of skiing we drive home and some years we drive into Leavenworth. (A great Bavarian Village about 40 minutes from Stevens Pass) This year, my husband said he had too much work and we would be driving home after our ski trip. Little did I know, he had been doing some research to find a romantic anniversary getaway in Leavenworth and he found Pine River Ranch Bed and Breakfast.

After skiing when he turned right out of the parking lot instead of left and I looked over to see his grin from ear to ear, I knew he was up to something. About 20 minutes later we pulled into the gorgeous driveway at Pine River Ranch. I saw a giant barn, glowing in the night time and the fresh fallen snow added to the festive holiday decorations at the beautiful house with a stunning wraparound porch. We were greeted by Tim, the host and his chocolate lab Bailey (who was very well mannered and stayed by Tim's side until she sensed we were dog lovers!)

He served us fresh brewed coffee and cookies right from the oven while we sat by the fire to warm up while he checked us in. We were staying in the Natapoc Suite, which is in its own cabin, not in the main house at the Bed and Breakfast which was nice for some privacy. Tim walked us out to the cabin with DVDs in hand from their collection and showed us our gorgeous suite with a Jacuzzi Spa, river rock gas fireplace and the coolest bed I have ever seen! It was hand made out of beautiful pine tree branches and logs and had huge pillows and big, thick blankets. The suite was simply amazing. About 10 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door and my husband got another huge grin. I opened it to find Tim holding a beautiful tray of delectable chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. My husband was racking up brownie points left and right. We enjoyed the Jacuzzi spa and curled up on the oversized couch in front of their new flat screen TVs to watch a DVD before calling it a night
The next morning as I was getting ready to go have breakfast in the main house my husband informed me that at Pine River Ranch they bring breakfast right to your front door! Tim delivered a piping hot tray of his "Aunt Janet’s Breakfast Casserole" with fresh fruit and a delicious smoothie and we ate it out on our deck curled up in blankets!
After we dragged ourselves away from Pine River we headed into Leavenworth for shopping and a late lunch (about 15 minutes away, but on the beautiful stretch of highway so we didn't mind the drive). This was the best anniversary present I have ever gotten and for any couples out there looking for a little bit of romance and rekindling you could not ask for a better place than Pine River Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment