Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wedding Help! Behind Schedule

  I am getting married in a little less than a year and I am so far behind, I am just not sure what to do? I don't even have a date chosen yet and don't have dresses for my bridesmaids. Please Help!
        --Procrastinating Bride



Procrastinating Bride,
  Once you have the date and venue set I think it is all downhill from there. The hardest part is actually getting started! Hiring a wedding planner is great advice to help you get organized but if that is not something you are interested in sit down and make a list of some of the most important things you need. Venue, Date, Invites, Dress, Flowers, Cake and DJ then pick one area to tackle every week. Don't be overwhelmed with planning books that say you need to start your wedding planning a year plus in advance. I have plenty of brides that plan their weddings in just a couple months.

  Another tip is to find a great venue that includes a lot of the "extras" like linens, chairs, dishes etc. which can save a lot of stress in the long run! As for the bridesmaids and dresses, my happiest brides say they took their bridesmaids to a dress shop and let them pick out what they wanted to wear. If you want your bridesmaids to match, just tell them and most of the time you can all agree on something great! Heres a beautiful wedding shot where the bridesmaids didn't match. The bride just said wear something tea length and black!

No comments:

Post a Comment